Monday, September 10, 2007

The horror

This is just a quick, pictureless post, to say that I've cast back on for Kauni (yay!). I'm only one row in, and I almost forgot that I was alternating between knit and purl because I was so focused on alternating colors (clearly an eat and chew gum kind of thing). But, about 12 stitches into the row, I remembered, tinked back, and all is back on track. Don't get me wrong, one row really looks rather pitiful, but it's something.

I worked at home all day today. Here's the bummer about working at home; there are no meetings to knit in. So, knitting during the day requires a purposeful finding of time and justifying the move away from the computer. Note: reading knitting blogs does not seem to require this justification and can proceed apace as a form of procrastination (which reminds me: no one was posting today! it was KILLING me! where IS everyone?). Worse yet, when there are crises, they take place as email bombs, which then require lots of emailing back, none of which leaves hands free for knitting. I tried and tried to get people on the phone -- I even got my headset out, which I hate -- just so I could knit already people, but no go. So, stressful day, lack of knitting.

And here's the true horror. Tomorrow, I have not one, not two, not three, but four, count 'em FOUR meetings to go to, and not one of them, not a single one, is a meeting at which I can knit.

A moment of silence, if you please.

1 comment:

Anne said...

oh dear, oh dear -- I'm on the run in the pouring rain so not blogging today but I am having a moment of silence for you RIGHT NOW<>. Could you tell? Taught 4 classes straight--then meetings--then kid stuff, but maybe I will have 20 minutes to knit during the little one's swim class? Second sock, here I come.