Friday, December 12, 2008

D.O.N.E. with a cherry on top

Well. There you go. I've graded and graded. And I've added and added. And it looks to me like I'm done. All that's left to do is to officially file my grades, but I'm going to wait until Monday to do that (I post all the grades online for my students to look at; this way, if I've made any mistakes, they catch them before I officially file the grades -- changing grades after they've been filed is a pain). But the work is all done.

With a cherry on top.

This means that I can go home and knit, right? I'm convinced I'm missing something, and someone's going to jump out from behind a bush somewhere with a whole pile of grading I've forgotten, shouting, "BOO!"

I have to give up my computer before I leave work today. They need to upgrade the system, and then they have to give me an external hard drive to back it up regularly, because it turns out that they can't persuade our servers to back up the Macintosh computers on campus. ?? I don't understand it, but as long as I'm backed up somewhere, I guess I'm happy (as an aside, this may fix my little problem with iPhoto, in which my photos keep randomly getting eaten). So, my access will be sporadic this weekend, but with luck I can pick my laptop up on Monday and it will be all fixed up for me to leave on sabbatical.

So, really. This means I can go home and knit. Right?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right!

(no family to care for, nope, none of that)

And it might be nice to be away from your computer a couple of days.

Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my needles for you.

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Enjoy your well-earned respite and don't let those needles catch fire from overuse.

Anonymous said...

YAY, happy carefree knitting :)
and being without the computer for a weekend is a good thing, trust me on that one.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's exactly what it means. And yay for being done!

the boogeyman's wife said...

yes, yes! quick, run, before the grade-bargaining students appear out of nowhere!

(hehe. my verification code is "ablers." totally random of course)

Alwen said...

Sure, knit. Those of us who are chronically disorganized will be doing our Christmas shopping all in a rush, such as it is this year.

EGunn said...

Yay! Congratulations! It's so nice to get through the grading. Here's hoping that your students whine less than mine did. =)

And I think I might be thrilled if someone offered to take my computer away for a while. Though if it interfered with blogging, I suppose that wouldn't be good. In any case, enjoy your freedom!

Ally Jay said...

You sound likeyou have really earned your knitting time.

Jane said...

Hope you have a lovely weekend knitting with no distractions

knitspot anne said...

yes! go home and knit dammit! and have a good slug of bourbon with it, hahaha!

Willow said...

Yes, go home and knit!

Anne said...

Have a great weekend! I am jealous of your done-ness, but mine's coming soon!

Mary Lou said...

What a great feeling. Now you can 'relax' and get all the Christmas knitting done!

Nana Sadie said...

Oh ABSO-BLOOMING-LUTELY!
:)
Knit ON!
and congratulations...grading is such a *itch! (as I recall...)
(((hugs)))

Bea said...

Yes go home and knit is good!

Rachael said...

Congrats & Enjoy!!!