Saturday, July 13, 2019

Day 3: Pride

My younger daughter and her friend went downtown today to celebrate in San Diego's Pride parade and festival.

Question: Why is San Diego's Pride celebration in July instead of June?
Question:  Is this a metaphor?
Question:  Or is it a kind of cool way to remind us that none of these X Month celebrations should ever be restricted to just one month?
(Or maybe both?)

By happenstance, I had the opportunity to indulge my inner magpie with an unplanned stop at a yarn store sighted in Bellingham (while taking my niece to visit WWU; no, yarn stores were not meant to be on the itinerary).  But the logo for Northwest Yarns is an octopus holding knitting needles - I had to go in, right?  I may have walked away with a few things (but not the Majacraft Little Gem that I have long coveted - good for me, right?), including (speaking of Pride) this lovely braid:
which is destined to become something warm for my daughter to wear this winter in Seattle, where she'll be a freshman at Seattle U.  I really should be working on her college blanket (ahem), but I am trying to spin a little bit each day while we watch the Tour de France.
I'm actually done with the red and orange and am into the yellow.  This will be chain-plied to preserve the nice long color changes.  Knitters out there, any recommendations for something in the neck-warming realm that would show this off suitably?

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That's a very pretty braid.

CarolM said...

Thrilled to hear younger daughter is off to college!

twinsetellen said...

Purty yarn. Maybe ask again for what once you have weight and yardage?