Friday, August 3, 2007

On the road

Just a quick post before we leave town, since I'll be out of touch for a bit (the best part of this trip is the lack of cell phone or internet access; no work!). For this trip, I've decided to go all socks, all the way (inspired, I suppose, by Wendy's Summer of Socks). I am bringing Millicent, Boudica, and two more skeins of sock yarn (enough for a pair each), plus a pair each of size 0, 1, 2, and 3 dpns. This should do it, no? I'm thinking if I can find my printout of Cookie's Monkey socks, I'll bring those, too (one of the skeins'd be good with that, and I'm thinking of trying the mini-Monkeys that're going around, with the picot edging, which I've never done before). That, along with six books, oughta do me. I hope. I mean, there's always the swimming, and kayaking, and canoeing, and bird-watching, and napping that needs to get done, too.

So, we're packed, we have designated visiting animal-care personnel, the kids are chomping at the bit to go, and I've renewed my library books so there'll be no nasty fines accruing while I'm gone. What else could there be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you have a relaxing, refreshing camping trip? Did you do much knitting? Camping for a week sounds wonderful!