Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Day 27: Derailed

So many things I thought I'd write about this week; also so many things I need to do.  But I spent yesterday at, first, the equine hospital with Disco (non-emergency, not the best news but not catastrophic), and then the afternoon taking Tilly to the vet.  Tilly hasn't been at all well the last few weeks, and she's been on a downhill slide in the not doing well.  When we came home from our weekend away, our greeting (usually an exuberant ten-minute (plus) round of barking and licking and running in circles) was a short bark, a little tail-wagging, and then she went to lie down again.  Hence the rush appointment to the vet.  They kept her overnight, and then let me take her home today.  At this point, I'm waiting on a call from the vet herself; her techs have said that she wants to let me know what's going on herself, which I read as very bad news.  Tilly is on pain meds, which are making her more comfortable (but really not actually comfortable).  Rick and I are thinking we'll cancel our trip this weekend, and I'll probably cancel the silent retreat I was going on next week, but we'll see.  Waiting is hard, and I find myself not concentrating all that well.  Hence the rather dump-like post.  Man, this sucks. 

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Waiting for bad news is the worst. Sending you a virtual hug!