Monday, August 26, 2019

Day 46: First day of classes

I taught six hours today.  In the same classroom.  Which wasn't sufficiently air conditioned.

My classes are kicked off.  They are: English Grammar and Syntax; Introduction to Linguistics; Language and Gender.

My older daughter wants to audit my gender class.  I let her come today.  It is interesting to have one's child in one's class.  Not sure yet the balance between good interesting and awkward interesting.

I have survived.  That is all.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

If you can get through the first day, you can get through them all! Well done!

twinsetellen said...

Surviving is enough on the first day.

It may be what your students thought, too. ;-)

Allison said...

Fun, fun, fun! It should go without saying that ling classes were my favorite part of my university years. 😊