Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Day 47: Lacuna

Read:  I actually had a quick post I meant to get up here yesterday, and then the day totally got away from me, and when I got home after walking in the morning, working all day, and then having a riding lesson, I fell over on the couch and stopped thinking.  I need to work on that.  I'm back to work full-time this semester after three semesters of a 20% medical leave (as in, I was working 80% time)(as in, honestly, I was working nearly full-time, but funding my outrageous amounts of service work by using medical leave to teach one fewer class).  I don't think I've found my balance yet.

1 comment:

twinsetellen said...

I suspect that if I'd made a commitment to post on a daily basis and then because of expending my energy in a highly productive and giving-to-others day, I wasn't able to get a post up, you would have told me that this is part of what makes such a commitment meaningful - that it is hard to meet, that sometimes it won't be met, and that what we do after that and learn about ourselves is more relevant. I note that you posted twice today. I note the topic of the second post. Yep, that's what you would have given me, I'm pretty sure.