Saturday, August 3, 2019

Day 23: Bluesapalooza

Rick and I are up at Mammoth Lakes for this year’s Bluesapalooza. A few observations while I groove to the sounds of Christone “Kingfish” Ingram (fantastic - no way is this guy only 20):

  • I am fairly picky about the beer I like
  • I strongly prefer beer that is bitter (I usually add “like my soul” about now)
  • Read: IPAs
  • IPAs tend to be high alcohol 
  • We are at over 8,000 feet 
  • I hiked 4 and a half miles this morning, covering 500 vertical feet and ending up at 9,100+ feet
  • There are 80 breweries here
  • Reminder to self: we will be back tomorrow
  • Also: hydrate or diedrate
  • Also: bring your knitting next time!

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Have fun!

twinsetellen said...

I am kinda impressed that you are able to have so many observations after drinking IPAs at that altitude!

-- also an IPA fan