Sunday, October 20, 2019

Day 101: Pink flamingo update

Thank you, Ellen, for finding out more about pink plastic flamingos.  If you all are interested, you can check this out.  What really caught my attention (aside from the fact that the creator of the pink plastic flamingo and his wife dressed alike for 35 years)(and the fact that his pink plastic flamingo is based on a photo from National Geographic)(and the fact that they come in pairs, one with its head up and one with its head down - did you know that?), is the fact that this guy worked for a company that made plastic animals.  Not just flamingos - animals.  Which begs several questions: one, why did flamingos take off (get it, get it?)? and two, where are all those other animals?  I mean, I don't think I've seen other plastic animals on people's lawns - have you?  And what animals?  Chickens?  Cows?  Goats?  The mind boggles.

1 comment:

twinsetellen said...

Not plastic animals, but in the suburbs of central Ohio, cement geese were a thing. Then dressing one's cement geese became a thing - seasonal outfits such as rain coats and Hallowe'en costumes.

Part of me wanted one. The rest of me knew better.