Thursday, October 3, 2019

Day 84: The car is back!

I don't really know why, but I take great pleasure in the way that the guys at VW sort of marvel at my car.  (It's ridiculous, honestly, but there it is.)  Today, when I picked it up, the guy who brought it out said to me: 

Ma'am, I've spent ten years in the auto industry, and I have never
(I was waiting here for something about the transmission, but no...)
seen a car that was
(and he ticks these off on his fingers)
a stick-shift
convertible
diesel
Beetle!

There may have been head-shaking.

Honestly, it's entirely possible that these guys are just messing with me, or humoring my love of my little car.  But, as it keeps me entertained, I have no objections.  It's kind of fun driving a unicorn.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I am very jealous of your unicorn! That's everything I want in a bug... except the stick. I can drive manual if I have to, but I just can't be bothered. I will say though, if more people drove stick, there would probably be less distracted driving (or maybe just more accidents.)
I am enjoying Dory (My Ford Escape), but I really miss having a pop-top.