Saturday, October 5, 2019

Day 86: More knitting!

So, when I'd finished the socks I showed off yesterday, I still had lovely, happy, stripey yarn left over (these are generous skeins).  So what could be better than fingerless mitts, thinks I, and next thing I know, these had popped off the needles!

Aren't they darling?  I used up every last bit of the Must Stash, and almost all of the Miss Babs.  With these, I knitted a true afterthought thumb.  Since I wanted to use all of the striped yarn, I had no idea where I'd want the thumb to be.  So, once I had my tube, I stuck my hand in, approximated where a thumb might be good, snipped, and freed up about sixteen total stitches, from which I made the thumbs.  I am a big fan of fingerless mitts, as they keep my hands happy on chilly morning walks, and, especially when driving (for some reason, my Raynaud's is triggered by cold steering wheels more than almost anything else).  So these are ready just in time for the mornings to get cooler!  (And, I hope, in time for me to get back to walking on my favorite trail.)

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those are so cute!

carolm said...

love the pairs - I need those, too!

twinsetellen said...

Imagine, if you'd knit the upper ribbing of the socks in the Miss Babs, you might not have had enough for thumbs. And it would be so inconvenient driving without thumbs.