Friday, October 25, 2019

Day 106: Strange day

Woke up this morning to an announcement that campus was closed due to an electrical outage, which was, in turn, due to a blown transformer.  This means I’m going to have to grade this weekend, since I couldn't get into my office to pick up midterms (bad news). But, it did have an unexpected upside.

Some friends and I walk every week that we can.  Today was a walking day.  And then, because we’d all intended to work on campus and couldn’t, we came to my house and got work done.  It felt like college or something - all of us at the dining room table getting things done, occasional comments or stories.  It was the kind of thing that is totally unexpected, but wonderfully good. I wish life worked out like this more often.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love gathering and productivity. Same sence and feelings transcend to knitting with others.
Maybe your group might just do this again.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Impromptu gatherings are the best