Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Eep!

I just got back from dropping my mother-in-law and my kids off at the airport. They are going to visit their grandparents for a week in Maryland. Without us. (Have I mentioned that they are going without us?) They're very excited, and my MIL kindly flew out to accompany them, and will be flying back out with them next week. So it's all good and safe and I'm very happy for them that they'll get to spend time with their further-away grandparents.

But I'm still here. Now, don't get me wrong. My husband and I have gone out of town, and the kids have stayed with my parents, often at our house so that their routine's all in place and everything is easy (thanks, mom and dad!). But it's never been the case that they've gone off and we've stayed behind. They're still young enough that there hasn't been sleep-away camp, and when they've spent the night with friends, it's just been one night and we know that they're right here in town. This is a bit strange. I think that it will be particularly weird to come home each night, as usual, but not to have them there, doing their thing and being part of everything. Shades of college someday.

Anyway, I just had to say something about it to someone. Wish me luck this week!

No comments: